December 11, 2011

YES WE'RE STILL HERE


WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2011 11:45 AM, PDT

Alright, alright!!!!!  Update Imminent!!!! As in, RIGHT NOW !!!! 

The LEAST important thing at the moment gave me the MOST joy yesterday!!!! I finally got 10 day old Cat Scans to Mike's Urologist and he says the MOTHER OF ALL KIDNEY STONES IS GONE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Mike has been collecting particles since he's been in the hospital and knew that something was happening.  He has one on his right side but it seems to be moving down a little more each day.  Needless to say, (but I"m saying it anyways) Mike was SO HAPPY to hear this. It is literally the best news he's had ALL YEAR!!!!

Mike is mending nicely. Still needs to stay off his right leg for two more weeks. He can use a walker to visit the John.  He also eats little bits of hospital food.  I'm hoping his intake will increase when he gets home to some REAL food.  We think he is off Morphine for good and is currently enjoying a constant stream of Norco.  Which still leads him to say incorrect things.  Last night, Larry Sewell became Mike Schmidt and then later Gary Gade.  When Larry left I asked him "do you know who's here with you?"  He looked all around at the ceiling and then smiled and very proudly said "Yes, Sammy and Tammie"  Well, last I checked my name is Lorrie or Boob.....so he was a little off on that one. 

He will be leaving Sutter sometime soon.  Actually as soon as a bed at the next place becomes available.  He will have a 3 day stopover at an interim facility to make sure he's going to be fine at home.  Then it's time for me to put on my Naughty Nurse outfit. Good thing all the costume stores are full of them!!!!!  (And, NO I will not be donning this while doing my work at CVC, so no looky-loos please!!!!!)

So text me if you want to go visit and I'll let you know if he's still at Sutter. 

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: