December 12, 2011

EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH


THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2011 9:08 PM, PST

Well I was finally voted Employee of the Month!  This honor was bestowed upon me by my husband / boss.  He claimed it was because of my awesome sales tactics.  I couldn't help but think he had an ulterior motive in mind. Sadly, not what one might think. He had a craving all right and it's name was Prime Rib.  He took the kids and I out to dinner to celebrate.  Not sure why he got to pick the restaurant. But, happy to see him eat so I'm not complaining.  

I had a job for a year once at a Carl's Jr.  I truly deserved the Employee of the Month award there many times over.  Seriously.  I did not see any other employee follow all the rules like I did. Or make the food per corporate specs EVERY time like I did.  Or do the closing time clean up til every last hair and cockroach was erased from the premises. LIKE I ALWAYS DID!!!  Why then was I fired?  

A new manager came in to take over.  He listened to a lie an employee told about me.  (Don't know what I did to make HER mad....maybe she wasn't a fan of sarcasm).   The allegation was that I kissed my boyfriend OVER THE FRONT COUNTER TOP!  I happen to know that Carl Karcher himself would be mortified at such an infraction.  Therefore,  that is something I would NEVER be caught dead doing!!!   It never happened and the new boss never even asked me if it was true.  They actually were too lame to fire me. They just cut my hours back to ZERO!!!  I was SO embarrassed that someone would think I would do that. I couldn't even talk about it without crying while trying to defend myself.  I just decided to move on to the next job. 

So, this Employee of the Month award is long overdue.  (If I say so myself). I deserve it and I'll take it!  If it comes with a trophy I'll display it on my mantel.  The good thing about this job is there are no rules to break.  I can do what I want, when I want to do it.  It doesn't pay all that well. But the ONE great bonus is I can kiss my boyfriend at work whenever I want.  I could EVEN do it over the counter if there was one and not get into ANY trouble.   Now THAT'S my idea of a great job.

No comments: