December 11, 2011

CHECKING IN


THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011 6:08 AM, PDT

Hello Friends and Family,

The ONLY reason for this post is I've been up for an hour and a half cuz I RAN OUT OF AMBIEN and didn't get to take any last night. I thought Melatonin would do the trick........nope!!!!

Mike's stream of visitors is slowing down. He said he thinks his friends are thinking......."just s _ _ t or get off the pot".  I said "yes, that's what they've all been saying to me"  He looks at me "Really?".........Uh, huh........right Mike. He was enjoying pulling my leg a few times last night.........so more of the guy I know is appearing a little more each day.

He has appreciated every visit, every post on here that I get to read to him, every act of kindness.  It's been such a loving outpouring towards us that no words can express.  If I start thanking, I'll never stop crying..........so please consider yourself thanked, loved and appreciated.  All of you.

Today is more wait and see. Probably another "walk" outside if it doesn't rain.  Can't see the sky yet to make a prediction.  He's taken a ride outside in the wheelchair twice now. Yesterday he said it was exhausting.  I asked "how can a nurse pushing you in a wheelchair be exhausting?"  He says "the deal is, if they take me out, I have to do some of the work" He's always been one to push himself. I'm still quietly enjoying the fact that I'm currently in better shape than he is. (told him so - I guess it's not so quietly).  It's never been the case before, and I'm sure it won't last for too much longer. 

Love to all,
Lorrie

No comments: