December 11, 2011

CHOOSE THE RIGHT........WORDS


SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2011 4:05 PM, PDT

Good Morning to all,

Mike had an extremely rough night last night. They keep trying to take the Morphine away completely, and he's really trying, but some times cannot deal without it. No real "movements" in the bowel department to discuss at this time. (Please someone get that play on words"!). I know a few of you are on "the edge of your seats" for that update. Sorry.

Mike was pretty clear headed the past two days. He still will be in the middle of a serious conversation with me and then make a strange comment that I know isn't a joke. Yesterday we were talking and he began jerking his head around looking for someone in the room. Then looked at me and asked if I saw "the moving shadows". I informed him that yes, there are shadows, caused by the TV and people walking by his room. Nothing more ominous than that. That made him happy.

Later he asked if I heard the voice that was announced over the intercom. I said "There's nothing". (Meaning, there's nothing he needs to worry about). He looks at me all panicky and says " WHAT? YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT?". I said "Oh sorry, yes I heard it, it just doesn't concern you". He says " GOSH, DON'T DO THAT!!!! I thought I was hearing voices"!!!!

That story reminds of the first night that the emergency nurse freaked me out by telling me to come tell Mike goodbye..............................cuz he was going into surgery!

I've never been known for choosing MY words carefully. That's one of the things my family and friends love about me! Or so I like to tell myself!

Love to all,
Lorrie

No comments: