December 12, 2011

"STATELY" DIAGNOSIS


FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2011 10:22 AM, PDT

I'm going to give a prize to the first person who gets my title!!! Oh, it's something big all right. It's a basket full of gently used items which include, but are not limited to, the following:  An EXTREMELY comfortable egg crate pad that has only been slept on a week, 3 paper clips that were confiscated from me when I took paperwork in to ask Mike work questions, (these can apparently be used to gouge out eyes, pierce others eardrums, pick locks for an escape or actually hold papers together in an orderly fashion - you decide), Mike's Squishy pillow which has GOT to be infiltrated with every possible hospital germ available.  I'm thinking this would be a great learning experience for children of all ages. They could identify the various strains of infectious matter under a microscope (does not include microscope or batteries). Lotion that Mike bought on the internet some months ago after seeing it advertised on Donald Trumps "Apprentice" show.  It has been confirmed by me (repeatedly) and many others that it smells like a URINAL CAKE.  Too many other exciting gifts to name!!!!!  Good Luck!!!!

Ok, this story is ONE OF MY FAVORITES. If you do not laugh, there is something wrong with you!!!!!! (That's how confident I am!)

Mike's appearance while at "Crazy Acres" could not be construed as him looking like the epitome of mental health.  He is VERY thin, not clean shaven, rocked back and forth a bit while sitting to deal with the pain and was at first wandering the halls in a hospital robe.  Other "guests" might possibly have wondered to themselves "What am I doing here????? I don't look as LOONEY as THAT guy!"  

Well he pretty much was just hanging out from last Friday night until Monday morning when the REAL (Paid by the State of Calif) Doctor showed up.  He met with her for a half hour. She had read his chart from Sutter and decided he would NOT be released and would be best served by staying 14 more days at the Cuckoo's Nest Resort and Spa. When Mike called me he was so disheartened. 

So It was now up to Larry Ivancich and I to give a pep talk to Mike while visiting him on Monday afternoon.  I brought a list of people that would be be some of Mike's support group when he went home.  Complete with Dr. appt times and phone numbers that the powers that be, could double check if they wanted. I told Mike he HAD to perk up when the Dr. came in. He couldn't appear to be so "mental".  That the Dr. was suppose to be assessing his mental capacity but the way he was carrying himself physically was going to hinder that.  We said he had to say how EXCITED he was to go home and was SO HAPPY for all the people that had helped him so far and was going to be there when he got home.  Being PERKY, OPTIMISTIC, EXCITED and ANIIMATED at his next meeting with the same doctor on Tuesday was going to get him checked out of there sooner.  

So, that brings us to Tuesday morning's meeting with the same doctor. Mike apparently did Larry and I proud with following our instructions. BECAUSE SHE NOW DIAGNOSED HIM AS BI-POLAR because of the difference in the two days!!!!!!  Monday "Depressive", Tuesday "Manic". That's funny now, but on Tuesday I just wanted to grab the lapel of her white coat and tell her what an idiot she was!!!!!!!

Wednesday a new doctor showed up. He gave a new diagnosis.  Mike is not Bi-Polar. 

Hence Mike's comment to the "judge" at his hearing "I feel I've gotten great care while here, but feel I would be better served using the resources available to me at home"

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: