December 12, 2011

WHO'S "SOMEONE"?????


FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2011 9:12 AM, PDT

I'll reveal who the special "someone's" were from my blog yesterday.

I had to go to a hearing yesterday to see if Mike was considered a danger to himself.  They were determining if they should hold him any longer or let him out into society.  The "judge" started the official proceedings with "Mike Doyle, we are holding this hearing to assess if you are a danger to others"  The worker on her right said "Oh, wait a minute, that should be a 1, not a 2" and changed the paper.  Then the "judge" said "Mike Doyle, we are holding this hearing to assess if your a danger to yourself"  

It was SO tough hearing various doctors opinions that were based on false information or little information.  They read through the psychiatrists notes from the hospital. These were taken while Mike still was believing what the Detective convinced us was truth.  He was trusting that his lack of any memory of what happened would reveal itself eventually. They read the notes from the first Dr. he saw at "Crazy Acres".  Who after reading his hospital chart on Monday, decided he should stay for up to 14 more days.  SERIOUSLY.......if he wasn't nuts coming in...........that would insure his insanity before getting out!!!!!  They asked Mike what he thought. Simply put, he had absolutely no desire to hurt himself and had never attempted to do so. He also praised the efforts of his current staff but felt he would be better served at this point to continue at home. (Nicely played).  

Then they asked me what I thought. I had previously been warned to only answer questions and not say too much.  The problem with that is the "judge" said "Lorrie, what do you think?"  She did not realize how easily the flood gates COULD HAVE unleashed a rush of unending explanations, thoughts, concerns, and feelings with possibly some sarcasm thrown in!!!!  She was spared this, as I kept it under 2 minutes.  (If you don't believe me, I've got it on tape)   I told her about the support team we had in place to give him all the help he needed to continue his road to wellness. 

They determined that he could be discharged.  They asked me to wait out in the hall.  They came out a bit later and said I may as well leave and come back at 3:00 cuz he wouldn't be ready with meds and paperwork until then. (This was a little after one).  I hesitated getting up and said "I'm afraid to leave and then come back and your going to tell me you've changed your mind and I can't have him"  She said that at that point, it was illegal and the proper form was in his chart saying so. I said "Ok, please tell him I'm going to pick up his daughter and will be back."

So, I went home to pick up Sam who was SO excited at the news.  The three of us went to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch and then home.  Justin was waiting for his Dad which Mike loved.  He'd brought two of Mike's favorite things. Milk and Pepsi.  We got him situated on the couch, where he could not have been happier. Shani and her brother Blake joined us later.  Movie night had officially begun.

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: