December 12, 2011

CUCKOO'S NEST


FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2011 9:48 AM, PDT

My impression of "Crazy Acres":  

I am NOT exaggerating.............it was a "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" kind of place!!!!!  My concern since last Friday was that Mike was going to be hurt by someone else that was currently residing there. All KINDS of people from various backgrounds and situations.  Not the types we usually hang with shall I say.

Mike would share the pieces of info he knew from "guests" stories and it was SO sad.  The nicest guy in the place had swallowed razor blades to try to kill himself.  His first roommate was a also quite pleasant.  He gave Mike advice on getting off his meds. He suggested a more holistic, natural way to avoid pain would be OPIUM!!!! It didn't seem to have gotten this guy very far in life.  Another guy had a "psychotic break" one day and was having a TERRIBLE screaming argument with himself.  He eventually was taken out in chains by the cops.  I think any teenager (or adult) that is thinking about doing drugs or is currently on them should spend a night or two at this place.  It's an eye opener to say the least.

Mike said yesterday that there is a guy in there that HAS to be a serial killer. I said "if he's a serial killer, then they'd have him locked up somewhere else"  He says "I don't know if they know it yet"  I said "Oh, so with YOUR expertise you've diagnosed him?"  He said "Yes, and I wrote it up and snuck it in his chart".

The final straw for me was when Mike went from feeling uneasy to very unsafe.  He got a new roommate after the poster boy for Opium was released.   After he was there a short time he "introduced" himself to the current "inmates" by yelling  "IF YOU DON'T #%@@&$**# SHUT UP I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!"  We decided to get his room changed after that.  Call ME crazy, but I don't think that's the person you want next to you in the middle of the night!!!!

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: