December 12, 2011

FROM HERE TO ETERNITY - 30 Years & Counting


MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2011 11:55 PM, PST

Why do some days feel like an eternity and others pass by in an instant? Can someone explain that to me?  How can 43 days in the hospital feel like it drug on SOOOO long yet the beginning of our 30 years together seems like it was only yesterday? ( ok, maybe the day before yesterday) We have had our highs and Heaven knows we've had our lows. But we keep chugging along like the little engine that could.

So these days, I"m more the Engine and Mikes the Caboose. (which is odd since he HAS no caboose) .  I"m not use to his slower pace yet. He has to ask me to slow down. I look at him and my heart just breaks. It hurts me deeply to see his broken body and hear him comment on how horrible he feels about how it looks. I tell him it doesn't bother me. A fact he doesn't believe. I wouldn't believe him either if the tables were turned. But, it's not like the glue that holds us together has ever been our amazingly fit bodies and supermodel great looks. So, just one more imperfection added to the temple that houses his spirit.

We worked all day today. Not how I EVER pictured a 3 Decade Celebration would be. So Tahiti will have to wait. Oh no, that's not where we were going to go. We weren't able to firm up a plan yet but that was not in our budget this year anyway.   But I will still dream of getting there one day. We've got eternity to save up after all. 

So Happy Anniversary Mr. Doyle. Thank you for Brandon, Tyler, Justin, Tanner and Samantha. Thank you for all the laughs and even some of the tears. 

Love to all, 

Lorrie

No comments: