December 12, 2011

I'LL SHOW YOU CRAZY!!!!



  • SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2011 9:22 PM, PDT

    Happy Halloween to everyone!!!  

    This year I believe Mike has completed his costume just in time.  He found out he's lost 35 pounds in 38 days!!!! That coupled with the new black eye patch Pat Andrews provided,  pretty much qualifies him as one of the Skeleton Pirates we have all seen sitting atop their booty in the Caribbean Ride at Disneyland. He'll think this is funny later.  After he's fattened up a bit.

    I started off on the wrong foot today with the nurses,  before I ever even stepped through the front door. I called the main number Mike had given me and asked about him. They said he seemed to sleep pretty well last night but was having some pain this morning. 

    Me:      "Well can I bring him some medicine?"
    Nurse:   (In a very "Your Such An Idiot" tone)  "NO you can't bring him   drugs here!!! WE'LL give it to him"
    Me "I'm sorry, I was only asking cuz I was told he had to take care of his own wound to get out of the hospital. 
    Nurse:We have a Dr who gives out meds.  (Well at least this time she took it down a notch to an "I'm So Disgusted With You'' tone.) 

    So I had to warn Tanner with an apology "Sorry Tan, I think they have put us at the top of the list for a "random" strip and cavity search. I might have said something inappropriate without meaning to." 

    Mike can only have visitors for an hour a day.  That is his time with Tanner and I, so the rest of you are temporarily out of luck. (Sam is too young) We refer to this new location as "Crazy Acres".   

    When they took him last night to the new place, they didn't have any regular hospital clothing available.  So, he said he wore JEANS to bed.  I don't even get that. Since I know they weren't his. I guess they dug around in the Lost and Found.  And we ALL know how comfortable Jeans are to sleep in. Wow, way to make a person feel welcome.

    So today when Tanner and I met him out in "the yard" for our exactly 1 hour visit, they had located two hospital gowns for him.  One worn over his front and then one over his back.  At one point he was too hot so he took off the one over his back.  A nurse watching said to him "Whatever you do Mike, don't bend forward"  I was wondering what she was talking about so I looked behind to see what she was talking about.  All he had on was a long Polo style shirt with no pants!!! Which BARELY covered his "essentials".  (Those are the things you don't leave home without!)  He later walked across the patio to ask a question of a nurse that was sitting down. Did he think she was hard of hearing?  DID HE REALLY HAVE TO LEAN OVER to ask the question?????  YIKES, it was a close call!!!!  I think he was the entertainment for the sunbathers that didn't have visitors.  They obviously had all placed bets on how long it would take before a "full moon" shed some light on this sunny afternoon.   

    Thank goodness he had called us in time with a list of things they would allow. So, I'm happy to say he's wandering the halls tonight, the proud owner of his new plaid pajama........PANTS! We also took his favorite slippers and some soft T-shirts.  Tanner and I searched through the printed shirt clearance racks at Walmart for waaaaayyyyyy too long before deciding on a 3 pack of plain white T's.  Choices that probably wouldn't have been appreciated were "Most of the People That DRIVE ME NUTS are in my Family"!  "I'm Smiling, That Alone Should Scare You" , "If Your Not PARANOID Then Your Not Paying Attention" or "I WILL KEEL YOU"  Yes, plain white T, perfect choice.

    When we were sitting down visiting, we were discussing the colorful look of some of the patients.  Mike whispered to us "There are crazy people here that you don't see"  I got nervous for a few seconds then asked. "Mike, are there crazy people here on the patio that you see but we don't?"  He smiled and said "No, I'm talking about the people that are still in their rooms".......... Phew!!! 

    So, he is stuck in this location until a Dr. shows up on Monday to give him a clean bill of health. If they try to keep him past that, I will be creating a plan to break the poor guy out.  Something involving sheets tied together to make a long escape rope. Which now that I put that down on paper, seems kind of stupid.  Since he's on the first floor.

    Love to all, 
    Lorrie 

  • SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2011 10:57 AM, CDT
    Where In The World Is Mike Doyle?
    Mike has finally been moved to the "Rehab Facility" we've been trying to get him to for over a week. I'm not sure where exactly. Somewhere in Roseville. I'll let you know the location as soon as I can. This means he can be home as early as Tuesday. So don't go to Sutter!!! You'll find an empty bed!!' yay!
  • No comments: