December 11, 2011

CLARIFICATION


FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011 9:00 AM, PDT

Hello Family and Friends, 

I am going to explain a few things here that I have left out so far.

Mike has NO MEMORY of doing this to himself, if that is what happened. The police told me they needed to wait until he had a clear head to take a statement from him.  He did not get his pain under SOME control until 12 days into his stay. The police came to take his statement in the evening on the 10th day when he was still in intense pain and very tired after 10 days of no real sleep.  Only in the past 3 days (starting about 17 days after police visit) has he seemed mostly clearheaded.  They showed Mike and I pictures and told us what happened, asking Mike to admit it. It seemed convincing at the time. I'm now guessing this was a pre-interview that would give them some information to further their investigation with.

I now assume they were not convinced either and took into account his state of mind (and body)  I'm led to believe this because the case is not closed.  Det. Murchison seems very qualified and I am so happy he is leaving no stone unturned.  I'm counting on his years of experience to lead us to a conclusion that makes sense.  

Mike remembers EVERYTHING before a shot went off and EVERYTHING after.  When the shot went off he says "I felt someone behind me and I was scared. I started to turn around with my arm behind me to feel if someone was there.  I hit something with my forearm and then HEARD THE LOUDEST SOUND I'VE EVER HEARD AND SAW A BRIGHT ORANGE LIGHT" Then he continues with EVERY single thing that happened after he was shot.   None of this puts a gun in his hand.  The ONE THING WE KNOW FOR SURE is there was ABSOLUTELY no gun powder residue on his body ANYWHERE that night.  A three inch bullet, close range, from a rifle.........would have left some gun powder somewhere. 

So, thank you to the Placer County Sheriff Dept and Folsom Park Rangers for their devotion to finding the truth. I cannot wait until this nightmare is over with.

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: