November 11, 2011

VISITORS WELCOME


TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011 2:09 AM

Hello Everyone, 

What was I thinking?  When I went to bed, I was so tired that I thought I could sleep without the aid of the small white pill I've been very thankful for lately.  Went to bed at 11:00, was out in 2 seconds. Woke up at 2am and thought, "it must be time to get up".  Not the case!!!!! Oh, but now I am up. So, time for an update, some hot cocoa and then I'll give slumber another try. 

Mike had a successful plastic surgery yesterday. It didn't go as well as Tyler had hoped (Scarlette Johanson face)  But they accomplished what they set out to do.  The doctor took muscles from his right thigh, to attach into his side. Seems a little counter productive since he now has a new wound. But, I'll leave that up to the experts.  Still wondering why they never take me up on my offers of donating thighs, extra tummy or using any epidermis I have plethora of.  Oh, well......this is not about me becoming a size 4.

Sam and I are both going to counseling.  I'm still busy giving her the "big picture" so when Mike finally gets there, he can add what I left out. (most of you know, I probably didn't leave much out)    Sam seems to be coping pretty well. We both enjoy the counselor and are praying to learn the tools to help us cope with all the events in the past year that have culiminated in this current tragedy.

Mike wants visitors today. He will be in pain and your heart may ache to watch it, but there's nothing you can do but hold his hand and talk to him. It's amazing how healing that can be though. 

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: