November 6, 2011

BEDSIDE MANNER 101


SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011 12:17 PM

I dont want to forget this little tidbit. Those of you who have watched Arrested Development (which I highly recommend) will appreciate this the most. 

The first night we were at the hospital I was told to go to a certain waiting area cuz I wasn't allowed to see Mike.  So, after a bit a nurse comes up to me and says. "I need you to come say GoodBye" and in the space between that sentence and her next flashed "GoodBye, what do you mean GoodBye? He's dead???? He just got here!!!!" Then she comes out with "It's time to take him into surgery".  

I'm not a medical professional (although I'm often playing Nurse to Mike) but it just seems that she could have changed the order that those two comments were made in.   

How about:   "Lorrie, Mike's about go to into surgery, would you like to come say hello?"       Is it me?  Am I being too sensitive? I submit to you that I am not!!!!! (Brian Regan reference)

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: