November 6, 2011

FRIENDLY COLORED FINGERS


MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2011 12:27 AM
Hello to all. Thank you for the nice hugs Sam and I were able to get in Sacrament meeting. Still very surreal that this is my life right now. Got to visit with Mike two different times. 2 1/2 hours after church and then went back at 8:30 and stayed til almost midnight. I guess since we weren't making much noise, they bent the rules a bit.

He was in good spirits and could finally talk. He's breathing on his own and they cut back a bit on his medications. He does have a button though that he can push every ten minutes for an extra dose of pain meds. That's going on my Christmas list. He looks better to me each time I see him. Although slower than we would like, they say he is showing good progress.

I asked him if he wanted me to tell his friends anything on this blog. He twisted his face up and said "Anything that I would say would be boring and drug induced". So I said that's fine, we'd wait til he was ready.

So here's the best part which refers to the title. We'll be talking and then out of the blue he'll say "I see purple". Then he looked at me once and said "your lime green" Right before I left, he started another "acid trip" so I recorded it on my phone.

MIKE: I am seeing hands of every color, reaching down through the ceiling towards me. Not the palms, just the fingers. Of EVERY color, I mean like 1102, 1304, 0800, 1843, 1142, 1800
ME: All those colors?
MIKE: ( in his currently weak version of yelling) EVERY ONE OF THEM!
ME: what color is 1800?
MIKE: Red
(at this point I realize he's saying Thread Numbers from our Embroidery Dept).
ME: What's 1142
MIKE: I didn't say 1142! Well maybe I did. I don't know. 1102 is kind of a Tennessee Orange, 1304 is Roseville Orange, 0800 is Del Oro Gold, 1843 is Rocklin Royal.
ME: Those are the colors your seeing?
MIKE: Yeah, and I'm seeing a lot more.
ME: What are they doing? Are they waving or saying come here?
MIKE: Slowly protruding towards me. I think they're friendly cuz their colorful. 2502 pink. 2550 HOT pink.

And that intelligent conversation is why we don't do drugs kids!

Love to all,
Lorrie

No comments: