November 6, 2011

HOPEFUL


WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2011 3:19 

Hello Friends of Mike Doyle,

Mike was unable to connect with Hudson today. Something was going on with his oxygen and they couldn't let him get out of bed. The nurses were determined to wheel him out in the hall where children are allowed but that plan was dashed. I know Hudson's smart enough to pass for 12 but the height issue was insurmountable to get him into the inner sanctum of TRAUMA NEURO INTENSIVE A.

He was in a lot of pain most of the day. I went to work from 3:00 to 8:00 to help put out fires. When I showed up after for my second visit of the day, I was in big trouble. He wondered what I could have been doing all day. "Um dear, I'm busy running your life......that's all". He was so happy to hear that I had his wedding ring and his Tree of Life ring. He was so convinced they were cut off that when I showed him the ring he ran his finger around it to check. Me: "So you thought I was lying to you when I said they didn't cut it off." He said yes cuz he didn't think it was possible. 

Love to all,
Lorrie.

No comments: