November 6, 2011

TUMMY TUCK ! ! !


FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 11:30 PM

Hello everyone, 

I just got back from visiting Mike. Leslie Gade was my chauffer and it was nice to have her with me.

 Mike had a 5 hour surgery to repair some more internal stuff. They reattached his intestines (apparently you don't want them just flopping around loose in there - who knew?) They closed up his stomach partially,  but left part open because they plan on going in again.

I guess a gun shot wound makes a big, dirty mess......not so easy to clean.  So far they've found wood, two cigarrette butts, a dented soda can, one broken flip-flop and a fishing lure.  If anyone is missing any of those things, go ahead and text me. (ok, wood was the only true part of that sentence)

I washed his hair. (hard to locate, but it is there) He hates a greasy scalp. I rubbed it with a cool, soapy towel and he said it felt good.  Then I rinsed him off and told him how great he looked (Lying).   

He should have a good sleep tonight, more heavily sedated again and lots of pain meds.  Leslie was impressed with the names she was reading on the bottles. Odd reaction.  I made sure to check her pockets before we left. 

I had a nice dinner with my sister Debbie, who's doing an awesome job getting Mike's work done at CVC. My Dad and Ling were here and Tanner and Leslie. We had a delicious casserole from Connie and salad and it was very yummy. Made the house smell awesome.  

Love to all,
Lorrie

No comments: