November 6, 2011

ENOUGH ALREADY


SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011 11:30 AM

Contrary to what some of you might think, Mike cannot get enough of me talking to him. He always wants to hear my stories, or talk him to sleep, or read out loud to him. He doesn't like me being quiet. I'm guessing it 1) Drowns out his Tinitis that he's had for years 2) Helps him stop thinking about the searing pain from a current Migraine that he's dealt with for the last 20 years or 3) Helps ignore whatever other ailment he is currently experiencing. So, why then am I at a loss for words when I'm at his bedside? Some of you might consider that a miracle!!! haha.

I guess I can bring the scriptures and read to him. I'll probably leave out "the valley of the shadow of death" stuff for now. Skipping to the happy stuff. (any suggestions?) I guess for that I'll bring the Ensign. And of course your blog entries. We'll start with those.

He's heavily sedated still today. So, not aware enough for long to know we're there. But, I will be taking 2 sons for a visit and try to get 2 minutes of coherant thought from him. Last night I asked if he knew who I was and he shook his head yes. I said "does my name start with an O?" He shook "no". "Does my name start with a P?" He shook "no". Does my name start with an "L"? He shook his head "yes". It's a little like a game you'd play on family night. Kind of a mutated charades. But we enjoy it.

Now that I think about it...........everyone that knows us well enough would know that Mike's answer should have been No until I hit the letter B. Since the beginning of time, to him, my name is "Boob". Which sounds so normal to me and the kids until he says it in front of someone new and they get a funny look on their face. Then it appears to not be such a socially acceptable affectation!!!!

Love to all,
Lorrie

No comments: