November 6, 2011

BULLET HOLES MAKE YOU CRABBY


MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2011 8:26 PM

Mike called this morning very upset (caused by the drugs) that I hadn't shown up yet. Well it was 9:30 am!!! He was told he was going to have surgery and he was frantic to see me because he might never see me again!!!! ( His words) So, I threw on yesterday's clothes, no shower and left with Sam and Brandon and met Justin there.

When I got there I was in trouble (again the drugs). He was describing the latest hallucination.......this one creepy and I won't be repeating it. Brandon told him the creepy man wasn't there and he barked "Don't back talk to your Father!" He HONESTLY has NEVER said that to any one of our children. I wish I could say it was because they never talked back, but it speaks more to Mike's non-aggressive parenting style. (I did all the dirty work).

He asked us to leave after an hour cuz he said he got no sleep last night and he wanted to rest before todays surgery. He thought it was going to be at 11:00 and it wasn't until 5:00. I guess, like brushing ones teeth, you need to rinse out any recent gunshot wound daily. So, make sure your all doing that if necessary!!!

I'm going to go later and wash his head, and rub his shoulders........even though he won't know I'm there tonight. I'm a giver! What can I say? Actually, it's more for me than him I think. He's back with tubes in so can't talk again. That is so frustrating for both of us.

No visitors at all on Tuesday please. He will be having ANOTHER surgery and it's the day to see if he's able to sit in a chair (nurses say it's possible). If he can, they will roll him out into the hall so he can see Hudson. If you don't know who Hudson is..........he's the light of this Grandma and Papa's hearts. (Along with The Gallachers!!!)

Love to all,
Lorrie

No comments: