November 6, 2011

SLEEP ANYONE?


FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 12:26 AM

Hello Family and Friends,  

Too tired for jokes.......but never too tired for sarcasm.....so here we go.......

Apparently I missed the guy memo at church that announced this Saturday's "Guys with Guns" Elders Quorum event.  Obviously Mike did not. 

Mike: " So, lets see....... I'm loading up my truck, Oh I might as well throw my rifle in my tool box, gonna need some ammo too on Saturday........don't want to forget it here at work..........Now I'm off to go paddleboarding. Oh what's that Lor ? You say that's not a good idea cuz I can't lock that box?  It'll be fine. (he would have given me the look how I'm always so paranoid) No one will know it's even in there."  

Well that didn't happen cuz I wasn't there when he put it in his tool box. I'm assuming when he was paddling, some guy decided to help himself to whatever was in the tool box and hit the thief jack pot. From there on I don't know what happen. I'll leave that to the professionals.  If I find out the next piece of the puzzle I'll let you know.  

I've got no problem with the Rootin Tootin Shootin event on Saturday. Its not the Elders Quorum's fault that Mike did not take the proper precautions.

Mike can't talk because of the aformentioned FREAKIN TUBES!!!!  It's very frustrating to him.  I spent two hours last night swabbing his tongue with a sponge soaked in water to wet his whistle.  He could communicate by "signing" into my palm. Nothing elaborate.......just the tip of his finger spelling.  So, that's how I get any info.  That's also how he asked me to look for a "stick" in his room so he could reach his nose to scratch it.  The taped up tube is driving him nuts. Tomorrow I may bring his paddle to use for a good long scratch. He won't be using it for anything else any time soon.

The below is not for the sqweemish:

He's stable but still sedated so he can rest better.  They tied him up a bit (I was told not at his request) so he doesn't rip any lines or tubes out. I took a peek at his belly (and only his belly ladies, come on) when the nurse moved his gown. The wound looked WAY better than I expected it to be.  Huge plastic bandaid type deal on his stomach. It still hasn't been closed up cuz it's oozing goo and surplus slime.  A weird dark round bandaid on his right side. Like the size of a small paperback book.  He lost some of his colon and parts of some intestines. But nothing that should bring him too much trouble I was told. 

Still no visitors please.  The doctors say the less people and germs the better.  I have dinner for Friday night so thank you to Connie and Sabrina for taking care of us for two days.

Tanner flew in to see his Daddy. Brand and Ty will show up as soon as it works for their families. Justin and Shani took care of Sam thursday night and Sam spent the day (and night) with one of her favorites, MacKenna G.  

For those of you that read through this ENTIRE thing to find out how I was doing........may the Lord bless you.........and the answer is -  as well as can be expected. It's so surreal that I cannot even think past the day I'm currently in. I mostly put on a cheery face for Mike and Sam. I can be myself with the boys and they are great. 

Love to all, 
Lorrie

No comments: